Monday, January 24, 2011

Not Just the Merry-Go-Round Broken Down

I am not usually a reader of the Huffington Post. Hard to believe, I'm sure, from someone as politically with it as I am. Someone passed this article on to me today, though, and I thought it was a perfect thing to share. A graphic designer named Markus Hofko has created some intriguing three dimensional breakdowns of a few beloved Disney cartoons. Of course, I love it when I see artists use cartoons as an inspiration or source of their own art.
I'd love to see more of these maybe some Looney Tunes or some old Walter Lantz characters. Hey, you know what? Why wait around for more to be made? I'm going to take inspiration from his work and make my own.
I'm kidding of course. I do think these are very cool pieces and offer a new way of looking at some old favorite characters. I've reposted a few of the photos here, but please take a look at the article on Huffington Post as well, and check out Markus' other projects on his web site.

CG

No comments:

Post a Comment