Friday, May 13, 2011

Voice Actor Vridays: Walt Disney

I know. I know. As if I don't write enough about Walt Disney. But I have been working a lot on my book lately, so I have Walt on the brain at the moment. Walt Disney was certainly an innovator in many regards and contributed to the legacy of animation in innumerable ways, but one that really seems to go unmentioned often is that Walt was the first voice actor, at least in animation.

Cartoons didn't have sound before Mickey Mouse came along, and when Mickey started to talk, Walt himself provided the voice. Walt did Mickey's voice for almost twenty years, and was the first person to provide the voice for an animated character.

So this VAV is is a tribute to yet another feather in the cap of pioneering achievement of Walt Disney.



CG

No comments:

Post a Comment