Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tiny Tunes Nostalgia

Currently running on television is a commercial for Citi Bank where the narrator guy is talking about his parents getting adjusted to living in Istanbul after his father gets transferred there for his job.

First of all, what job do you have that's going to transfer you to Istanbul? I can't think of any industry of which Istanbul would be the hub. At least I can't think of one that doesn't sound racist: your magic carpet manufacturing, your camel sales, etc.

Anyway, every time I see that commercial all I can think of is this:


Remember when after school cartoons were this good? Funny, smart comedy shows that didn't talk down to kids, that encouraged you to learn why the joke was funny if you didn't get it. Keep an eye on the forthcoming Cartoon Guru Podcast because I have a couple of Tiny Tunes writers and story guys lined up.

CG

No comments:

Post a Comment